2015 BLS Provider Manual 15-1010
2015 American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual 15-1010
The American Heart Association 2015 BLS CPR Manual 15-1010 replaces the 2010 BLS CPR Manual 90-1038
This video-based, Instructor-led American Heart Association Basic Life Support CPR course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in- and out-of-hospital settings. This course trains participants to promptly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, give high-quality chest compressions, deliver appropriate ventilations and provide early use of an AED. It includes adult, child, and infant rescue techniques. This course also teaches relief of choking.
BLS for Healthcare Providers CPR teaches skills using the AHA’s research-proven Practice-While-Watching technique, which allows Instructors to observe the students, provide feedback and guide the students’ acquisition of skills. The course uses a recommended ratio of 6 students to 2 manikins to 1 instructor.
15-1010 BLS Student Manual Specifications:
The American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual 90-1038 is designed for use by a single user and as a student reference tool pre- and post-course.
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of teams in multi-rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
- 4” x 6.5”, 3-panel BLS Reference Card (not sold separately). Panel information is:
- Critical Concepts
- BLS Healthcare Provider Adult Cardiac Arrest Algorithm-2015 Update
- BLS Healthcare Provider Pediatric Cardiac Arrest Algorithm for the Single Rescuer-2015 Update
- BLS Healthcare Provider Pediatric Cardiac Arrest Algorithm for 2 or More Rescuers-2015 Update
- Summary of High-Quality CPR Components
- Relief of Foreign-Body Airway Obstruction
- 96 pages
- CME credits: no
This BLS CPR course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in- and out- of hospital settings.